Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Ready for the case



My Lord, I am ready 
for the case, my task, 
but unfit for the tough 
questions you ask.

A lawyer was standing
in a court one day, 
and ready for his brief 
his defense to play.

But when the Hon'ble
judge began to speak, 
The lawyer found himself
in problem so meek.

I am ready to argue , 
your honor, my lord, 
but often I find your 
quizzing like a sword.

When it comes to 
responding your doubt, 
Finding new case laws 
not easy , I shout. 

For they are like razors, 
so pointed , so strong, 
And I am not ready for 
the answers they long.

I prepare for the task 
to my knowledge, in hand, 
No interest in justice, 
client's profit beforehand.

But I am not up for it , 
may make mistake. 
May lose my client, 
I fear, for heaven's sake.

How can I avoid your 
quizzing, your way?
For facing your questions, 
my client does pay.

Hence, I am just here , 
and rising to the test. 
Shall be facing Lord's 
hammer, and do my best. 

Ajay Amitabh Suman
All Rights Reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment